Do you want to become a freelance book editor but don’t know where to start?
We’ve spent hours combing the Internet and querying in forums for the best resources to help you launch a flexible, rewarding career as a freelance book editor.
Begin Your Editing Journey:
A Guide to the Best Resources for Aspiring Freelance Book Editors
Here’s what you get…
- 22 pages and over 150 links
- Classes to take, depending on your goals, budget, and timeline — both online and on-campus
- Books that teach grammar, style, the craft of writing, copyediting, how to communicate with authors, and how to be a successful solopreneur
- Links to websites loaded with articles and tips for all editing roles
- Names of professional associations where you can learn from your colleagues in the United States and Canada
- Facebook forums, LinkedIn groups, podcasts, and Twitter hashtags
- Glossary of publishing and editing terms
“Your PDF is brilliant!! Easy to understand and use, well-thought-out layout, and really helpful links!! Thank you so much for providing it.”
— Erin Hodgson, Write Hand Woman NZ
“I usually enjoy the task of researching on the Internet, but there is so much to sort through related to editing and I didn’t know which sites were most respected. Editorial Arts Academy’s Begin Your Editing Journey is exactly what I needed: an easy-to-use document stuffed with links to the most relevant resources for new editors. I am now able to focus on the relevant information and get started on my editing path.”
— Heidi Dorr, Heidi Dorr Literary Services